Wahey, more new features.
From today onward you’ll be able to find “Hot” mods at the top of their lists making it much easier to find really good mods quickly.
To give you guys an idea as to how they work, they take the two latest mods (remember mods and different to pages!) and up to 8 other highly voted or high quality mods from the rest of the site. These mods then randomly rotate for you to give a slight bit of information and also a quick visual preview of the mod.
The flame at the side of each “Hot” mod either represents whether the mod is new or the total number of votes that single mod currently holds. Each of these updates every 2 hours so if you vote for something it will not update the hot mods count instantly!
Currently you can only find it on the Killmarks section but I shall be adding it to the others over the course of the week!
Hopefully you guys find it useful.
As you’ve probably noticed by now there’s been quite a change to ModHub. Over the past few weeks I’ve been re-designing and re-configuring everything and anything on the site to work in a better and more efficient way than before.
The full list of new features is as follows:
- New static sidebar, reach all your personal and social items whenever and wherever you are on the site.
- New menu system, you can now see the menu at any point on a page by clicking the button on the left.
- Modding view changes, more focus on the content and visual parts of each mods.
- Aggregated mod voting, you can now vote for single mods rather than having to vote for the whole page (however it still does increase the overall rating of the page).
- Better sharing features, you can now like, tweet, plus one or share every page, article or mod on the site from either the sidebar or page title/header.
- Rearranged comments layout, two columns of comments as many were only a few lines long.
- More readable fonts, all the titles and pages have been changed over to an easier to read font. All the areas of the site have been changed to match this.
- Larger message options, these should give you more of a warning or give better help when you’re installing or looking to download a mod.
Well, my work is nearly done so hope you guys enjoy it!